Thursday, January 8, 2009

THE Medallita

THE Medallita

Ava was a good girl. Their only sin was to give birth to a child without a husband, in a town like Shiraz.
I met her when I was a teenager. Then it does not fix me, I was not anybody, nor deserved. Today things have changed: I am the mayor.
His family was in Khorasan Aires, had a great and a lot of money. Only child of bohemian mother and father "evil entertaining, traveling the world with no charges. When his parents came to the secondary pupil chose to let the nuns at school and my aunt Mehr-Bano, officiated tutor in exchange for occupying the old building had to face the plaza.
She was very pretty. Was distinguished by his way of walking, by his grace. The men, with its undulating walk, across the square. It was nice and pretended he knew but none got their favors. It was not a woman either, except for those, harass their way or were hiding behind the bushes to watch.
He returned to the village a few months ago. Neither their parents nor the camps exist. You do not have anything or anybody, only one son and fuzzy memories. Currently holds fourth in the pension of beans and my aunt was working through it in the bakery.
My aunt would have confidence, he has things the other day said she had been very hard to accept this child, but in fact he had always liked children, recalled that nearly drove the convent when they refused to surrender adoption.
According to her, man, man really was only one: Siyavash.
Siyavash worked as a laborer at the mill of the nuns, where she was sent to hide her pregnancy. With him escaped to Khorasan Aires full of dreams and projects that could not meet.
Mehr-Bano aunt wants me to marry her, I think possibilities. He tells me all night Jacinta prays in front of the image of the Virgin.
A few days ago I saw her again. the bakery is near the quartermaster and I could see from the car: it is still beautiful. I still remember that day of spring when along with other novices was swimming in the river and into the bush to change. She could not see us. There we became men, where I lost my.... Fortunately, her son is not like any of them.

By Tomas Juarez Beltran